Practicing environmental consciousness with eco-friendly funeral services and products.
Green funeral choices are growing in popularity as eco-consciousness grows and more people want to extend their sustainable lifestyle into a “forever green” legacy. Advent makes it easy to express a love of nature, a concern for the environment, and a desire to help protect our most precious resources with our options for green funeral services.
Families have many options for environmentally conscious funeral services, such as:
- Holding a small memorial gathering in a natural setting.
- Use of recycled paper products for the funeral program and reception materials.
- Displaying locally grown organic flowers.
- Carpooling to and from the service or burial site.
- Organic food at the reception.
- Using refrigeration and essential oils instead of traditional embalming.
- Using natural, sustainable and biodegradable clothing, shrouds or caskets.
Simple Service Green Choice Burial
Our Simple Service Green Choice Burial includes everything a family would need for a beautiful graveside remembrance:
- The basic services of a licensed funeral director and their staff.
- Filing the original death certificate and obtaining all necessary permits.
- Help with coordinating and planning the graveside tribute and committal.
- Transportation from the hospital, nursing home or other place of death.
- Bathing, dressing/shrouding and refrigeration (for up to 7 days).
- Hearse to the cemetery on the day of the burial.
It also includes a beautiful hand-woven English Willow casket, farm grown and sustainable for $5950 (certified copies additional).
Simple Service Green Choice Cremation
Our Simple Green Choice Cremation includes only the necessary elements to make a cremation as eco-friendly as possible:
- The basic services of a licensed funeral director and their staff to fulfill all legal requirements.
- Filing the original death certificate and obtaining the necessary cremation permits and authorizations.
- Transportation from the hospital, nursing home or other place of death/
- Transportation to the crematory.
- The cremation process.
We also include the farm-grown, hand-woven English Willow casket and a bamboo urn…$4250 (certified copies and any cash advances for permits additional.)
If you’d like to add a celebration of life at either of our convenient locations, just call us. We can help design a memorable, personal, and sustainable tribute.
For more information about the eco-friendly services and products we offer, feel free to call us in Falls Church at 703-241-7402 or Lanham/Bowie at 301-577-7787. We are here to help.
Eternal Reefs creates permanent living legacies that memorialize the passing of a loved one. For families and individuals that choose cremation, Eternal Reefs offers a new memorial choice that replaces cremation urns and ash scattering with a permanent environmental living legacy.
Families and friends are invited and encouraged to participate in the creation of their loved one’s memorial reef. From placing your handprint in the damp concrete during the casting, making a rubbing of the bronze plaque during the viewing ceremony, or placing a flag on your loved one’s memorial reef during our military honors ceremony, all Eternal Reefs’ activities provide peace of mind for everyone involved.