Audrey Houchens Grissom passed away on May 27 at the age of 86. Audrey was born in Alexandria and taught in Fairfax county schools for 17 years. She also worked at Gallaudet University and with the Fairfax County Park service. She was a prolific artist throughout her life. Survived by 3 sons; Marc Grissom and wife, Debbie, of Montpelier, Va. Alex Grissom and wife, Debbie, of Fredericksburg, Va. Tim Grissom and wife, Karen, of Wylie, Texas. Also survived by 7 grandchildren. A memorial service will be held at Christ Church in Alexandria on June 9th at 11 am. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Christ Church.
- William W. Watkins, Jr. December 2, 2013
- Jacqueline A. Wood November 29, 2013
- Agnes K. Wood November 27, 2013
- Jane Atkins Sargent November 26, 2013
- Beverly Anne (Auringer) Nickens November 22, 2013
- Mary Jane Picard November 20, 2013
- Gwendolyn E. Osurman November 19, 2013
- Violet E. Heidemann November 15, 2013
- Hilda Marquez November 14, 2013
- Carl Alan Lipsit, COL (USA Retired) November 13, 2013
Melanie Wilhelm Dunaway is a third generation of the Wilhelm family to serve in the funeral business and created Advent based on a simple philosophy – It’s about your needs. Not ours.