Kurt D. Lynn, 64, passed away at home in Matoaca, VA on 27 January 2017, after a long illness. He was a 1970 graduate of Falls Church High School in Falls Church, VA. He was a veteran of the Navy, after which he earned a BS in Business Administration from George Mason University in 1976. He loved his career at Fort Lee in Petersburg VA as a business/financial analyst, a civilian government worker for the Dept of the Army. He was proud to be a member of the American Legion Post 2 in Petersburg VA. His marriage in 1984 ended in divorce in 1996. Kurt’s favorite things were his cats, music(most notably Grateful Dead), and his deep passion for reading and learning. He is predeceased by his father William D. Lynn. He is survived by his mother Dorothy E. Lynn, siblings Erika Newcomb, Karl Lynn, Audrey(David) Preston, and Adele Keay, nephews Duane(Kellie) Keay, Glenn(Erika) Keay, Ronald(Mary) Preston, Robert(Jane) Preston, and David(Stephanie) Newcomb, and 10 great nephews and nieces. Memorial Services will be private.
- Watson Payne Morgan Jr. May 17, 2017
- Francis P. LaBelle, Jr.”Frank”, USAF, Col (Ret.) May 14, 2017
- Rita Andelin May 7, 2017
- David R Norcross II “Popeye” December 10, 2016
- Marlene T. Leon May 23, 2017
- Richard A. Weilenmann May 17, 2017
- Robert J. Merdell (“Cotton Top”) May 9, 2017
- Glenn R. Schleede May 7, 2017
- Amy Ann Northcutt May 6, 2017
- Eva Pearl Stoots Carey April 30, 2017
Melanie Wilhelm Dunaway is a third generation of the Wilhelm family to serve in the funeral business and created Advent based on a simple philosophy – It’s about your needs. Not ours.